Burning Ashes Ignites Gainesville Home

| October 1, 2015 | 0 Comments | News
Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

Fire & Rescue crews responded Sept. 29 at 4:30 p.m. to a structure fire in a two-story single family home in the 8700 block of Lords View Loop that they say was ignited by ashes placed in a trash can next to the house.

A neighbor spotted flames soaring from the roof and alerted the family, which enabled them to safely evacuate the home, Department of Fire & Rescue Communications Specialist Kim Y. Hylander said.

“Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed smoke with fire blazing from the side and rear of the home that had extended through the roof,” she said. “Firefighters proceeded to attack and extinguish the fire.”

The fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office, who confirmed that the fire originated on the rear of the home.

“A building official has posted the home unsafe and Red Cross was called to assist, 1 adult and 2 children and their cat,” she said.

© 2015, Bristow Beat. All rights reserved.

Facebook Comments
Print Friendly

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: News

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

banner ad