Ruby Tuesday Sustains Damages in Fire

| June 15, 2015 | 0 Comments | News

fireandrescue3Fire & Rescue crews responded to a fire in the kitchen of Ruby Tuesday in Gainesville, 11:30 a.m., June 11.

According to Communications Specialist Kim Y. Hylander, firefighters observed a fire in the kitchen wall. Patrons had already been evacuated from the building; no injuries were reported.

“The heat generated from continuous cooking had ignited the plywood behind the gas stove,” she said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and found no extention throughout the premises.

The Fire Marshall’s office determined that the fire was accidental and confirmed the kitchen stove and its proximity to the wall  ignited the fire.

“A Building Official has posted the building unsafe; it is not known at this time when the restaurant will reopen,” Hylander said. “Preliminary damages estimated at approximately $35,000.”

© 2015, Bristow Beat. All rights reserved.

Facebook Comments
Print Friendly

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: News

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

banner ad