Bristow Townhouse Fire Displaces 5 Residents

Residents safely evacuated the home


Prince William County Fire and Rescue units were dispatched to the 8700 block of Chorley Way in Bristow for a reported townhouse fire, Sunday, April 14 at 9:36 p.m.

"Crews arrived to find light smoke showing and all occupants safely out of the home. The fire was quickly discovered in the kitchen and was promptly extinguished," said Fire Marshal Matt Smolsky. 

The home sustained moderate damage. No injuries were reported.

The structure was declared unsafe to occupy by the Building Official, displacing four adults and one child. The five were assisted by the Red Cross.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined an occupant was utilizing the kitchen’s oven when they smelled smoke and discovered fire, coming from underneath the appliance. The cause was accidental involving the faulty appliance.

Bristow, fire, townhouse, Chorley Way, Prince William Fire & Rescue, house fire, red cross, Matt Smolsky